We provide a Global Mobility Service that makes International Business easy for your organisation
A multinational company needed a comprehensive solution for a new business assignment. Glanbia, a nutrition company, was sending a group of employees from Ireland and the UK to the US for 6-9 months.
- Employer and Employee Tax and Social Security issues arising from the relocation.
- Maintain employees in their home country employment for the duration of the project.
- Protect employees from any additional taxes and charges which would arise as a result of the assignment.
- Remain compliant in both jurisdictions.
Immedis helped the organisation to introduce a Tax Equalisation policy, based on their above needs. As part of the process, we performed the following services:
- Net to Gross and Gross to Net calculations – for cost projection purposes.
- Tax briefings – these were information sessions regarding advice on Income Tax, Payroll and Social Security implications of the assignment.
- US Tax Registration advice
- Tax Returns – preparation and reconciliation
- Certificates of Coverage – from Irish and UK authorities. These allow the employee to remain in their home country’s social security system meaning their contributions are unaffected.
- Reconciliation calculations these were part of the Tax Equalisation policy at the end of the year.
- Tax Refunds – arrange the relevant transfers
Свържете се с нас
The result was that the organisation could enjoy success in the US without having to worry about being compliant, as Immedis catered for all of their needs.