Live Help

If you have rental property in the US, you're legally obliged to file a US tax return

error image

Not so fast!

Oops - you've skipped a bit! Please fill it in so we can move on!

Oops - you\'ve forgotten to fill out some info and entered your {[field_name]} incorrectly. Please correct them so we can move on!

Oops - you\'ve used the wrong format for your {[field_name]}. Please enter your {[field_name]} in the format shown so we can move on!

Tax Return Registration

First Name*


Email address*


US Rental Property Tax Refund

Product Image's professional rental tax return services help non-US citizens maximise their rental investments.

If you're a non-US citizen with rental property in the US you may be paying 30% tax on your rental income. However, by electing to treat this income as effectively connected with a trade or business in the US, you may be taxed at graduated rates and claim allowable deductions to offset income. can assist you in filing your US tax return and reporting your income and expenses on your 1040 tax return and Schedule E. We can assist you in using property-related expenses to reduce your tax liability including:

  • Management fees
  • Mortgage interest
  • Utility bills
  • Insurance
  • Repairs and Maintenance
  • Legal services fees
  • Advertising materials (associated with the property)
  • Furniture costs and other improvement costs
  • Depreciation, depletion and amortisation of the property

All individuals and companies who earn income from renting property in the US must file a US Income Tax Return and declare all rental income and real estate royalties. In order to prepare your rental income tax return you will need a Social Security Number (SSN) or if you do not qualify for an SSN you will need an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). can obtain an ITIN for you. You can find out more info about getting an ITIN here.

We also provide a US tax return filing service for US citizens who are abroad

Find Out More

US Office Contact Info

If you're in the US, the staff in our Chicago office can help you

Not in the US?
Place Icon

TaxBack USA Offices Map

Customer Corner

The personal and professional approach by your staff.
John Gleeson
Man Picture