Politika správy dokumentov
Taxback.com receives an enormous volume of tax documents every year via post and fax. For environmental reasons, we'd like to reduce the amount of paper items we receive. While we have a number of agreements in place with several tax offices to accept scanned documents rather than hard copies, there are always occasions when we have to receive hard copies of documents. For this reason, we have a document management policy in place, which is covered by the scope of our ISO 9001:2008 certificate.
As part of this policy, we have developed a system that enables us to protect all our customers' documents and data in line with best practice standards. As part of this new document management system:
- All incoming documents for all tax returns and tax countries will be scanned and uploaded to your file using this system
- All our processes will be streamlined in order to be very client-friendly while maintaining maximum security
- We will request posted documents only in cases where it is a legal requirement
What happens to the original documents?
- Some original documents will be returned to clients as matter of course after they have been scanned. These include: passports, ID cards, Visas, and Birth, Death and Marriage certificates
- Original payment documents such as W2, P60/P45, PAYG and original notices or letters from tax offices will be returned to clients only upon request. In the event that we do not receive such a request, we will shred originals and keep a secure scanned image on file instead.
- We only request original copies of Power of Attorney and tax office forms when we have a legal obligation to submit an original paper application to the relevant tax office. In such cases, we keep a scanned copy on file and send the originals to the relevant tax office.
Data Protection Policy
- We will keep a scanned copy of your tax return and supporting documents as per the legal requirements of the relevant tax office
- All personal data is treated as private and confidential in line with our data protection policy
- Each file will contain a destruction date signature and will be destroyed according to the legal stipulations of the relevant tax office.
- In line with industry practice, all taxback.com incoming and outgoing calls are recorded via an automated telephone recording system. Calls are recorded for information and training purposes and are stored for a limited period of time, after which they are deleted from our system. Access to the recordings is limited to a restricted number of individuals and information recorded is treated as private and confidential.